1. Igneous rocks are formed from cooled lava.
2. There are over 700 different kinds of igneous rock.
3. Igneous means heat or fire.
4. Some examples of igneous rock include granite, pumice, and tuff.
5. The town BASALT is also the name of in igneous rock. Crazy!
Finn is already a rock expert. He shared his rock tools. He showed us his pick for digging up rocks and breaking them apart. He showed us his goggles for keeping his eyes safe. He showed us his loop for magnifying rocks and shining light on them. He has been rock hunting in Snowmass and down by the river.
Molly was the historian this week. She informed us that police around the world have been confused about drone activity around world landmarks. These include the Eiffel Tower and the White House. Yikes! Drones are like helicopters with cameras on them. Except that they are not flown by people. Instead they are flown by remote controls. Fun! Drones do really cool things for us, like help us map and take pictures, but they can also do really bad things if they are spying and not doing what they're supposed to. Look out for a drone on your front yard. That's where it was found at the White House!