Check out how big our caterpillars have gotten. We've only had them for seven days, but we're pretty sure they've quadrupled in size. The food pile is getting smaller and they're starting to spend more time on the roof of the container. We're hoping to see some chrysalises soon! We can't wait to watch this transformation happen!
Norah, our last scientist of the week, shared an experiment we are going to enjoy all week long. She asked us what would happen if we put five different liquids on a patch of grass everyday for five days. Everyday we'll make an observation noting the color and comparing to the day before, then measure the height and keep a graph.
1. hydrogen peroxide: (a) shrink, (b) become darker green, (c) die but stay standing
2. Windex: (a) die, (b) turn brown, (c) grow taller
3. vinegar: (a) turn yellow, (b) bubble from the acid, (c) start to wilt
4. water: (a) stay alive, (b) grown normally, (c) start to rot with too much water
5. nothing: (a) rot, (b) die, (c) stay the same