1. Greece is famous for their olive trees.
2. Greece is made up of a mainland and about 6,000 islands.
3. The Greek islands are very mountainous with cliffs.
1. Greece is one of the oldest countries in the world.
2. The English language has thousands of words from the Greek language.
3. Greece was head of one of the largest empires ever.
1. Greece is famous for seafood.
2. Greek food uses lots of delicious olive oil.
3. Greek food uses honey and sesame seeds to make many sweet treats.
Today we heard from our very first Reporter of the Week, DAVID! We learned what it means if you see a teal pumpkin when you are out and about trick-or-treating. David told us that a lot of kids have nut allergies these day. Some families have decided not to give out candy and instead will give out little treats like spider rings or other small Halloween toys. If you have a nut allergy be sure to look for one of these pumpkins.
We are thrilled to have our friend Taj back after his trip to Greece. Today we were lucky enough to learn a little bit more about another culture. Here's a sneak peak at what we learned:
Quick math review of combinations to 8. How many can you find? Hint: there are 9 possible!
How many more do I need?
(for the Gratitude Project)
Amazon Gift Cards
(for classroom and art supplies)